Strong leadership produces results.
Thoughtful leadership is at the helm of our organization. Our executive team, senior management, and Board of Trustees continually strive to create a better work environment, enhance the business, and optimize our organization.
Board of Trustees
OUR TEAM IN ACTION
Our executives and Board of Trustees on the “job.”
T. Wilson Eglin
Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President
Mr. Eglin has served as a trustee since May 1994. He has over 35 years of experience in commercial real estate investment and corporate finance.
- Chairman of LXP Industrial Trust since April 2019
- Chief Executive Officer of LXP Industrial Trust since January 2003
- President of LXP Industrial Trust since April 1996
- Executive Vice President of LXP Industrial Trust from October 1993 to April 1996
- Chief Operating Officer of LXP Industrial Trust from October 1993 to December 2010
- Previously a Trustee and the Chair of the Finance Committee of Connecticut College
Mr. Eglin, as LXP’s Chief Executive Officer, provides our Board of Trustees with extensive experience in net-lease and industrial investing, real estate operations and capital markets having led us through various cycles of growth. Mr. Eglin was the chief architect of our portfolio transition to an industrial-focused real estate investment trust (“REIT”).
Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, General Counsel, and Secretary
Mr. Bonventre is an Executive Vice President and serves as Chief Operating Officer, General Counsel and Secretary. Prior to joining LXP in September 2004, he was an associate in the corporate department of the law firm now known as Paul Hastings LLP. He received his B.A. from New York University in 1998 and his J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law/Yeshiva University in 2001. Mr. Bonventre is admitted to practice law in the State of New York.
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer
Ms. Boulerice is an Executive Vice President and serves as Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer. She previously served as LXP’s Chief Accounting Officer. Prior to joining the firm in 2007, Ms. Boulerice was employed by First Winthrop Corporation and was the Chief Accounting Officer of Newkirk Realty Trust. She graduated from the University of Rhode Island and is a Certified Public Accountant.
Brendan P. Mullinix
Executive Vice President, Chief Investment Officer
Mr. Mullinix is an Executive Vice President and serves as Chief Investment Officer. He joined LXP in 1996 and previously served as a Senior Vice President and a Vice President. Mr. Mullinix graduated from Columbia College, Columbia University.
Executive Vice President, Director of Asset Management
Mr. Dudley is an Executive Vice President and Director of Asset Management. He has been LXP since 2006 and has held various roles within the Asset Management Department. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Dudley was employed by ORIX Capital Markets. Mr. Dudley has a B.A. from Angelo State University and an M.S. from The University of Texas at Arlington.
Executive Vice President, Director of Taxation
Mr. Andrawis is an Executive Vice President and Director of Taxation. Prior to joining LXP in 2002, he was employed by Vornado Realty Trust and Deloitte and Touche LLP. Mr. Andrawis previously served as the Co-Chairman of the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts State and Local Tax Subcommittee. He holds a B.B.A. from The Bernard M. Baruch College. Mr. Andrawis is a Certified Public Accountant.
Executive Vice President, Director of Development and Construction
Mr. Pyle is an Executive Vice President and serves as Director of Development and Construction. Prior to joining the firm, from 1999 to 2016, he was a Senior Vice President at First Winthrop Corporation. Mr. Pyle received a B.S. from Missouri State University and a M.S. from Texas A&M University. He also holds a Texas real estate license.
Senior Vice President, Director of Acquisitions
Mr. Stern is a Senior Vice President and Director of Acquisitions. He has been with LXP since 2011. Mr. Stern has a B.A. from the University of Michigan.
Executive Vice President, Director of Institutional Fund Management
Ms. Roberts is an Executive Vice President and Director of LXP’s Institutional Fund Management group, focusing on investments and strategic transactions. Prior to joining the firm in 1997, Ms. Roberts was employed by The LCP Group L.P. Ms. Roberts received a B.F.A. from New York University.
Jacqueline J. Byrd, CPM
Senior Vice President, Asset Management and Property Operations
Mrs. Byrd is a Senior Vice President within the Asset Management group where she directs the ongoing property operations for LXP’s national portfolio. Prior to joining the firm in 2021, she served as Vice President, Regional Director of Property Management for DCT Industrial and, most recently, as director for Link Logistics. She received her BA in Business Management from LeTourneau University and earned the CPM designation from the Institute of Real Estate Management. Mrs. Byrd is an executive member of the Board of Directors for BOMA Greater Dallas.
Chief Accounting Officer
Mr. Cherone serves as Chief Accounting Officer. Prior to joining LXP in March 2019, he served as Corporate Controller for Brandywine Realty Trust since 2012. Mr. Cherone is a Certified Public Accountant.
Senior Vice President, Director of Institutional Fund Management
Mr. Furnary is a Senior Vice President and Director of LXP’s Institutional Fund Management Group, focusing on joint ventures and investments. He joined the firm in 2012, and has held various positions in LXP’s investment group prior to his current role. Mr. Furnary has a B.A. from Georgetown University.
Senior Vice President, Director of Operations of Institutional Fund Management
Ms. Dann is a Senior Vice President and Director of Operations in LXP’s Institutional Fund Management Group. She joined the firm in 2007 and has held various roles within the asset management and dispositions departments. Prior to joining LXP, she was employed by First Winthrop Corporation. Ms. Dann received a B.A. from St. Lawrence University.
Vice President, Corporate Controller
Ms. Galarza is a Senior Vice President and serves as Corporate Controller. Prior to joining the firm in 2014, she was employed by Berdon LLP as an Auditor. Ms. Galarza graduated from the Queens College and is a Certified Public Accountant.
Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
Ms. Gentry is a Senior Vice President of Investor Relations, where she directs LXP’s investor communications. Prior to joining the firm in 2016, she was a Senior Vice President of Investor Relations at Chambers Street Properties. She also worked in investor relations at various public non-traded and traded net-lease REITs from 2008 through 2014. Ms. Gentry received a B.A. in Communications from Towson University and an M.S. in Yoga Therapy from the Maryland University of Integrative Health.
Senior Vice President, Director of ESG and Corporate Operations
Ms. Moore is a Senior Vice President and serves as the Director of ESG and Corporate Operations. She joined the firm in 2007 and previously served as Vice President of Asset Management. Ms. Moore graduated from Texas A&M University.
Director of Human Resources
Ms. Klein is the Director of Human Resources. Prior to joining the firm in 2018, Ms. Klein was the Director of Human Resources at Sabin, Bermant, and Gould LLP. Ms. Klein received her BA from the University of Pennsylvania and her MA from Teacher’s College/Columbia University.
Independent Lead Trustee
Ms. Handwerker has served as an Independent Trustee since March 2017, and was named Lead Trustee in May 2023. Ms. Handwerker has over 40 years of experience in commercial real estate, including through sell-side research, hedge funds and direct investments.
- Partner of KSH Capital, providing real estate entrepreneurs with capital and expertise to seed or grow their platform, since May 2016
- Independent director and compensation committee chair of the Board of Directors of Franklin BSP Realty Trust, Inc.
- Member of the University of Pennsylvania School of Arts & Sciences Board of Overseers
- Founder and Chairperson of Penn Arts & Sciences Professional Women’s
– Senior roles at Cramer Rosenthal McGlynn LLC, where she managed the CRM Windridge Partners hedge funds
– Managing Director and Portfolio Manager with ING Furman Selz Asset Management, a NY based holding company operating as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Dutch financial conglomerate, ING Group
– Managing Director and Senior Equity Research Analyst (Sell- Side) at the international corporate and investment bank ING Barings and its predecessor, Furman Selz, LLC, where she focused exclusively on real estate companies, including the REIT industry
In 2019, Ms. Handwerker was named to WomenInc.’s “Most Influential Corporate Directors” list recognizing ESG best practices.
Ms. Handwerker has extensive experience analyzing and investing in real estate investment trusts and provides our Board of Trustees with related insight.
- Audit and Cyber Risk
LAWRENCE L. GRAY
Mr. Gray has served as an Independent Trustee since December 2015. Mr. Gray has over 30 years of experience in commercial real estate investment and corporate finance.
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of GrayCo, Inc., a private real estate company that owns and manages apartment communities, master planned community investments and timberlands located throughout the Southeast region of the United States; serving as Chief Executive Officer since 2010 and Chairman since 2016
– Managing Director of Wachovia Corporation where he had direct responsibility for the Real Estate Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Private Equity, Homebuilder Finance and Structured Finance groups
– Real estate investment banking groups at J.P. Morgan and Morgan Stanley
Mr. Gray provides our Board of Trustees with extensive real estate investment and development and corporate finance experience.
- Nominating and ESG
Mr. Gupta has served as an Independent Trustee since March 2022. Mr. Gupta has over 25 years of experience in private equity, venture capital and information technology/cybersecurity.
- Adjunct Entrepreneurship Professor and Senior Advisor to Provost at Georgetown University and Member of Georgetown Entrepreneurship Advisory Board
- Lecturer, Stanford University and Member of Stanford in Washington Advisory Board and Freeman-Spogli Institute of International Studies Advisory Council
- CEO and Board Member of Noble Reach Foundation – a not-for-profit providing commercialization assistance to government-funded researchers and early-stage startups
- Venture Partner of Columbia Capital, a venture capital firm focused on Enterprise IT, Mobility and Digital Infrastructure, since 2000
- Tech & Cybersecurity Advisory Committee Member for U.S. Senator Mark Warner
- Current board director of:
– C5 Acquisition Corp. (NYSE:CXAC)
– Daz 3D
– LMI (formerly Logistics Management Institute)
- Previously a board director of:
– Millennial Media (NYSE:MM)
– 1901 Group
– Carlyle Venture Partners – focused on software investments
– Arthur D. Little – telecom and technology consulting
Mr. Gupta provides our Board of Trustees with extensive mergers and acquisitions/private equity, venture capital and cybersecurity expertise.
- Audit and Cyber Risk
- Compensation, Chair
Mr. Johnson has served as an independent trustee since July 2022. Mr. Johnson has extensive experience across strategy, marketing, business development, finance and operations, specifically logistical operations, within organizations ranging from startups to Fortune 50 companies.
- Senior Vice President of Operations at Agiliti, a medical equipment management and services company, since March 2021
- Former President of Southeast at United Parcel Service (UPS), holding a variety of strategic and operational roles for over 20 years
- Member of the Georgia Commission on Freight and Logistics
- Previously, Mr. Johnson was an Associate of Fixed Income Sales at Citigroup and an Associate at Oliver Wyman (formerly Mercer Management Consulting)
Mr. Johnson brings operational and logistics expertise, with specific knowledge of the logistics user experience and provides our Board of Trustees with related insight.
- Audit and Cyber Risk
- Nominating and ESG
CLAIRE A. KOENEMAN
Ms. Koeneman has served as an Independent Trustee since September 2015. She has over 25 years of experience in transaction, corporate, financial and crisis communications.
- EVP, Managing Director, Financial Communications at Ketchum, a global public relations and communications firm
- Senior positions at global public relations agencies, including GOLIN and Hill+Knowlton, as well as at Bully Pulpit Interactive, a boutique digitalfirst communications firm
- Previously president of Financial Relations Board (FRB), an investor relations firm where she established the leading REIT & real estate practice in the U.S.
In 2019, Ms. Koeneman was named to WomenInc.’s “Most Influential Corporate Directors” list recognizing ESG best practices.
Ms. Koeneman has many years of expertise as a corporate governance expert and as a strategic advisor to CEOs and boards of directors on all types of communications, and provides our Board of Trustees with public and investor relations knowhow.
- Nominating and ESG
NANCY ELIZABETH NOE
Ms. Noe has served as an Independent Trustee since May 2021. Ms. Noe has over 30 years of experience as a practicing attorney focused on capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and securities regulation.
- Chair of the Board of Trustees of Agnes Scott College
- Former Partner of Paul Hastings LLP, a global law firm, from February 2001 until February 2021
– Chair of the Corporate Department from February 2010 until February 2020
Ms. Noe brings expertise in securities regulation, capital markets transactions and the governance of public companies to our Board of Trustees.
- Nominating and ESG, Chair
Mr. Roth has served as an Independent Trustee since November 2017. Mr. Roth has over 40 years of experience as a certified public accountant focused on taxation of real estate companies and has led the global real estate, hospitality and construction group at a “Big Four” accounting firm.
- Principal of HSR Advisors, a consulting firm that provides strategic and financial advice
- Advisory Board Member of Voyager Space Holdings
- Advisory Board Member of Hodes Weill & Associates
- Advisory Board Member of the BlackChamber Group
Board Member of Space for Humanity
– Advisor to the CEO of Avison Young
– Partner and the leader of Ernst & Young LLP’s global Real Estate, Hospitality & Construction (RHC) practice
– Partner of Kenneth Leventhal & Co.
Mr. Roth provides our Board of Trustees with extensive public accounting experience, including knowledge of tax laws applicable to real estate companies, generally accepted accounting principles and public company reporting requirements.
- Audit and Cyber Risk, Chair
RICHARD S. FRARY
Mr. Frary has been an Emeritus Trustee since May 2023. He previously served as an Independent Trustee since December 2006. Mr. Frary has been the founding partner and majority shareholder of Tallwood Associates, Inc., a private real estate investment firm, since 1990 and a partner of Brookwood Financial Partners, L.P., a private equity firm that acquires real estate and invests in private companies, since 1993. Mr. Frary also co-owns a portfolio of office, multifamily, retail and community development assets. He serves as a Director of Nexus BSP, Inc., a private oil and gas exploration company, and previously served as a director of Newkirk Realty Trust, Inc. and The Johns Hopkins University. Mr. Frary is a CPA and provides our Board of Trustees with extensive real estate investment and corporate finance experience and knowledge of the assets acquired in our merger with Newkirk Realty Trust, Inc.